Welcome To Rural Electrification Fund
The Rural Electrification Fund (REF) is a statutory body governed by the Rural Electrification Fund Act (Chapter 13:20). Its background is that post-independence Zimbabwean Government gave high priority to rural infrastructure development programmes, which included the rural electrification programme.
Benefits Of REF Products And Services
The quality of education at electrified schools has improved significantly as the authorities are able to introduce technical subjects such as computer studies, fashion and fabrics, and sciences. Electrified schools are able to retain and attract qualified staff, thereby enhancing the pass rates at the schools.
Conventional grid electricity is an interconnected network of power stations, transmission and distribution lines for . . .
Sunlight can be harnessed by appropriate material to provide sustainable energy to meet part of the energy requirements for . . .
Electricity Transmission Poles
Electricity transmission poles are the key products produced by REF to facilitate the electrification of the rural areas of . . .
With REF having trained biogas builders countrywide, those who need to build biogas digesters at their homesteads, farms and . . .
Community Driven projects include:
- Irrigation schemes
- Individual homesteads
- Business centres and other related projects
To all our valued customers who want to have their projects electrified:
Did You Know
- You can pay for your project in foreign currency using free funds.
- You are free to provide your own materials such as transformers, conductor, poles etc and pay less for electrification but before you buy materials, please obtain technical specifications (materials will be subjected to quality check by REF engineers).
- Provision of own materials in cases where REF is facing storage if materials speeds up electrification process
- Hurry and take up the opportunity
REF LIGHTS UP CHAMANHANZVA COMMUNITY IN CHIVI DISTRICT ENERGY AND POWER DEVELOPMENT MINISTER PRAISES REF FOR ELECTRIFYING PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS IN CHIVI DISTRICT The Rural Electrification